J.K. Rowling turns the page on Harry Potter

British author J.K. Rowling , who a week ago published the final Harry Potter book, said in an interview out Thursday that she is already back at work.

The British author says she's sad the Harry Potter series has ended, but will not stop writing.

"I'm sort of writing two things at the moment," she told USA Today. "One is for children and the other is not for children.

"The weird thing is that this is exactly the way I started writing Harry. I was writing two things simultaneously for a year before Harry took over. So one will oust the other in due course, and I'll know that's my next thing," she told the national daily.

Rowling admitted to being angered that the last of the seven-novel series had been posted on a website prior to the official release.

"I was angry," she told USA Today, for her young fans, the "10-11-year-olds who really wanted not to know" how the book ended, until they had a chance to read it.

However, she was heartened that rumored endings included the death of the boy-wizard.

"I was very proud that people thought Harry's death was a genuine possibility. I wanted the reader to feel that anyone might die, as in life," she said.

The books themselves will live on, the 41-year-old billionaire said.

"Do I think they'll last? Honestly, yes."

"In 50 years' time, if people are still reading them, they deserve to be read, and if they're not, then that's OK."

" Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows " sold an estimated 8.3 million copies within 24 hours of its release, according to its US publisher.

Some 325 million copies of the first six volumes have been sold worldwide, and the books have been translated into 64 languages.